Thursday, January 10, 2008

Japanese Maples in the Winter



The Japanese maples grow very well in our area of Zone *. They allseem to do well, those that grow to 20 ft and those that are ultra dwarf. I do nothing special. Mine are planted in simple beds of border grass which probably keeps them from drying out during droughts. I do not bother to drag the hoses to them as they fram the corners of the beds in the front of the house. The bare tree is beautiful for its delicate branches. The Autumnal tree creates a proverbial or biblical burning bush (but I will hold those pictures for a later time. NOW i WILL JUST REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE EMPTY BRANCHES AND OF THE LEAVES THE HAVE FALLEN ON THE BORDER GRASS.

2 comments:

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I am envious, I can not grow Japanese Maples in my zone, lovely photos!

Sammakko said...

The Japanese maples are so lovely. Are you especially into Japanese plants? I hope to see more of your photos!